Scroll down to browse through all the information or click / tap the links below to scroll automatically to the service you're interested in...
There's a link back to the top of the page at the end of each section...
Wycliffe Medical Practice:
- All Enquiries - 01455 553 531
- District Nurses - 0300 300 1000
- Health Visitors - 01455 554 422
- Podiatry - 0116 225 5118
Emergency Health Care Provision:
- For Urgent Medical Advice Call NHS 111
- Fortnams, High Street - 01455 552 692
- Lloyds, Church Street - 01455 554 229
- Lloyds, Gilmorton Road - 01455 552327
Hospital Test Results:
If your GP refers you to a hospital and the hospital consultant
sends you for tests or investigations you should call the
hospital consultant’s secretary for the results of your tests.
This is because your GP will not have this information until after
the consultant has seen you in clinic to discuss the results.
Leicester Hospitals Patient Information & Liaison Service
(includes Lutterworth Feilding Palmer Hospital)
0808 178 8337 (Monday - Friday 10am - 4pm)
Coventry Hospitals Patient Advice & Liaison Service
(includes Rugby St Cross)
02476 966 061 (Monday - Friday 8am -5pm)
George Eliot Hospital Patient Information & Liaison Service
024 07686 5550 (Monday - Friday 8.30 am - 5pm)
These services offer help and support to patients using the
hospitals including helping you to get your test results and
checking the progress of your referral.
Please use the liaison services before calling your GP surgery
about hospital issues as their staff have more direct access
to the hospital information.
- Feilding Palmer Cottage Hospital - 01455 552150
- Leicester Royal Infirmary - 0300 303 1573
- Leicester Glenfield Hospital - 0300 303 1753
- Leicester General Hospital - 0300 303 1753
- Hospital of St. Cross, Rugby - 024 7696 4000
- University Hospital, Coventry - 024 7696 4000
- Hinckley & District Hospital - 01455 441 800
- George Eliot Hospital, Nuneaton 02476 351 351
- LOROS (Leicester Hospice) 0116 231 3771
- Spire Leicester Hospital - 0116 272 0888
- Nuffield Health Leicester Hospital - 0116 276 9401
- Nuneaton Private Hospital - 02476 647 000
East Leicestershire & Rutland CCG:
- Leicestershire County and Rutland PCT 0116 295 3405
- AIDS information services (LASS) - 0116 225 9995
- Bereavement Counselling (Laura Centre) - 0116 254 4341
- CRUSE Bereavement Care - 0808 808 1677
- Coping with cancer in Leicestershire - 0116 223 0055
- Domestic violence helpline (UAVA) - 0808 80 200 28
- Family planning clinic, Leicester - 0116 295 1212
- Smoking Cessation (QuitReady) - 0345 646 66 66
- Citizens Advice Bureau - 01455 555 565
- Red Cross (Leicester) - 844 871 8000
- Volunteer Centre, Lutterworth - 01455 555570
- Voluntary Community Transport Service - 01455 555571
- Market Harborough District Council - 01858 828 282
Local Information for Carers
Carers Trust Contact Details:
|General Enquiries:||0330 119 2142|
|Carers Support Line:||0330 119 2144|
|Caring for Carers Leicestershire|
123 Midland Road,
|One Stop Shop||
What is a Dementia Friend?
A Dementia Friend learns a little bit more about what it is like to live with dementia during a Dementia Friends Information Session and then turns that understanding into action.
Who can be a Dementia Friend?
Anyone of any age can be a Dementia Friend
How can you become a Dementia Friend?
You need to attend a local Dementia Friends’ information session which lasts about an hour, where you can learn a little more about what it is like to live with dementia and how you can turn your understanding into action.
To register as a Dementia Friend, find your nearest Dementia Friends’ information session and to sign up to the Dementia Friends e-newsletter please visit www.dementiafriends.org.uk
My Stroke Guide
My stroke guide is an interactive online platform accessed through computers, tablets and smartphones. It is a highly accessible website offering goal-setting tools and peer-to-peer support as well as information in a number of formats. The Guide empowers stroke survivors to make their best possible recovery.
Here is a link to a short video about My Stroke Guide
Find out more at: stroke.org.uk
Rugby Fibromyalgia Support Group
- Provides support, discussion and advice in a friendly environment.
- Regular meetings and library.
- Meet and chat with other sufferers and carers of all ages.
Find out more at: www.fibromyalgiarugby.wordpress.com
The group meets on the second Thursday of each month (excluding January) from 7:00pm to 8:30pm at The Exchange (the Old Telephone Exchange), Albert Street, Rugby, CV21 2SA.
Hilary: 01788 560 406
Mary: 01788 333 755
With vast experience of working with people of any age who are isolated or at risk of isolation, Circles Network has developed extensive and ground breaking expertise in the development of Circles of Support, Individual and Collective Advocacy, Person Centred Planning and Life Building, Peer Mentorship and Befriending, Transition Planning, Family Empowerment and Parenting Skills, Three Dimensional Community Services and Self-Directed Support, Community Outreach, Time Banking and Equine Facilitated Learning.
Telephone: 01788 816 671
Lifestyle Eating and Activity Programme (LEAP) is a completely FREE 10 week weight management programme for adults in Leicestershire. It combines nutrition sessions led by a registered dietitian followed by an exercise session with an activity instructor.
For more information call the LEAP team on 0116 222 7154
Inclusive Multi Sports and Boccia
Inclusive Multi Sports and Boccia is held at Lutterworth College on Thursday evenings from 5:30 to 7:30 during term times. The club is open to all ages and abilities.
For more information contact Mark Beeby on 07889 321 858.
Lutterworth Community Allotment
The Community Allotment group meets at 2pm on Wednesdays to work on the allotment.
Gardening is good for mental and physical health. It can help ease symptoms of depression, dementia and Alzheimers and can help increase physical activity and improve weight management.
The Community Allotment yields lots of fresh fruit and vegetables which members of the group share.
For more information contact Sue Turner on 01455 554 455.
Mesothelioma Prognosis Network
Mesothelioma is a rare cancer that affects protective membranes surrounding the lungs, heart and abdominal cavity mainly caused by asbestos exposure.
For more information visit: https://www.mesotheliomaprognosis.com/mesothelioma/
For more information visit: https://www.mesothelioma.net
Who: For adults of all ages with a diagnosis of a long term health condition.
Where: The Cottage, Broughton Astley Village Hall & Wycliffe Romms Lutterworth.
When: 1st & 3rd Tuesday every month - Broughton Astley. 4th Tuesday every month - Lutterworth.
Time: Between 10am & 12:30pm
Bladder Health UK
Bladder health UK can help with Painful Bladder Syndrome or Interstital Cystitis, UTIs, Cystitis, Overactive Bladder, Incontinence Problems.
Visit http://bladderhealthuk.org or Telephone 0121 702 0820